Christian Teaching and Sermons Links

Bible Gateway Streaming Audio Bibles
(listen to passages online in your favorite translation)

Walking in the Spirit
(teaching by Mike Bickle of the International House of Prayer ihop.org in Kansas City)

Sonday International - Streaming Audio and Video from Around the World
(includes 2 files by me on the blood of Jesus & how His love is the revelation of God's glory)

Romans 1: 20

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen,

being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead...







Monday, May 5, 2008

Global Prayer Meeting!

The Global Day of Prayer (GDOP) (http://www.globaldayofprayer.com/) is coming up on Sunday. Here is a wonderful description of the event and its history.




It is amazing that hundreds of millions of Christians will gather publicly to cry out to the Father for the world. Locally, we enjoy going to the Austin House of Prayer (AHOP) (http://www.austinhouseofprayer.com/). For the ten days leading up to GDOP, many people from several local churches have been participating in round-the-clock prayer at AHOP. We went last night for two hours.


Shortly before the time of prayer, I was reading the GDOP website to see what the theme for the day was on Sunday. Repentance was the focus and I asked the Holy Spirit to give me prayers to begin our time of worship and prayer. I could hear worship music in the prayer room from the group that preceded us and, as I hummed along with their tune, I began to sing and write down these words as the Holy Spirit answered my request for an opening prayer:

Turning from darkness of my inner man. Letting the light of Christ shine into those corners. Trusting the Father to keep me in Him. Repenting of hardening my heart and not believing in the greatness of His infinite love. Lord, let times of refreshing come to your children, as the Living Word of your Son breaks the grip of sin. The chains fall and hope comes as the cross wipes out the curse of sin and death upon our lives. So, give boldness for the first ones to step forward, humbling themselves and rending their hearts instead of their garments. Inwardly broken instead of outwardly righteous. And as they obey in love, your Spirit falls afresh and others are able to come receive of the living stream of life. And He shows His goodness in new ways as Your Kingdom comes upon the earth. Open up the eyes – Let us see what eyes can’t see. Open up the ears – Let us hear what ears can’t hear. But inwardly through You we will know and follow.

Pour out Your love in my heart by Your Spirit that You promised. Let compassion fill my heart for the aches of others. Let my heart reach beyond myself and cry out to You for them. Only Your love can do this to me and with me. I confess a hardness of heart. I confess of self-centered ways. I confess I am weak and I acknowledge You alone are my strength. And I thank You for showing me that this is true. And I thank You for keeping me from thinking I could figure out a way to You. For in Christ is found all wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. To Him be glory, power, blessing and dominion forever and ever. He is worthy. My lovely Lamb. My fierce and gentle Lion. The forever Lover of my soul. Whose Father is my Keeper and my Guide. Whose Spirit is my Thought and Light through the mind of Christ He bestows upon me. Thank you thank you thank you.

No comments: